Saturday, March 20, 2010

a note from Drew Hobson, now teaching at South Shore School...

One of RVYT's amazing teachers, Drew Hobson, just wrote this about his residency at South Shore School:

"Today I got to tell one of my playwrighting students that I believe in him. He Kept Insisting that he doesn't have an Imagination. And I told him (and then the whole class) that I grow up in the Central Distric too. Gangs, Drugs, Shootings, I've seen it all. But I had someone when I was their age show me how to use my Imagination to Free myself from my surroundings. That's why I LOVE doing what I do, having the chance to tell them if I did it, so can they. I could see on his face, and the rest of the class that I was getting across to them. If that's all they walk away with from my class, then I've Succeeded. Encouraging a Child's Imagination Unlocks an Infinite Amount of Doors in their Future. And "I Believe in you", Four Words That Can Change A Child's Life."

No comments:

Post a Comment